Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased a Greddy FP gauge, but can not seem to find a good way to tap into the stock fuel system. I purchased the Bryce Danna bypass, but I still need a 6/6x 1/8 adaptor to tap into the area between the fuel filter and the new line (and good luck finding one).

Can anyone with a fuel pressure gauge (on stock twins) tell how you tapped into your line to get a fuel pressure reading under boost? What parts did you use, and more importantly, where did you find them?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Chris

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I was on stock twins I cut the rubber line between the fuel filter and the damper for a T for the pressure guage. But I don't know if you wan't to cut the damper bypass line since you just bought it but if you do I would put a T in the middle of the line for the guage.

94TT BPU+
11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

In my garage getting a sex change to T78 with Fuel.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
I just a FP guage myself and am wanting to do the same for my stock fuel system. From my investigation (confirming what is above) looks like the easiest solution is to cut the line just after the fuel filter and put inline a barbed brass T (6 AN/6AN/with a 1/8" PT/NPT threaded output). I have the very same question as this thread's author on where I can get one of these T's. Anybody know an online source?

S

·
0 Posts
how safe is that type of install.. meaning... will it pop off if you put it in that location?

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
If you use hose clamps on the T fitting, it will be secure. Summit Racing sells a 3/8" x 3/8" x 1/8 NPT fitting just for fuel pressure guage applications. See their guages & accessories section.

·
STREET STOMPING JEDI
1,039 Posts
OK here is the secret low down method to doing it right. At the back of your fuel rail there is a bolt that holds the fuel line onto the rail. Remove the bolt adn go get yourself the same type of yoke bolt but designed with two fitting ends instead of one. I hope that makes sense, you add a secondary banjo fitting right there to link off, then you tap right off of that line. Also a great way to tap for Nitrous etc if need be.

If that does not make sense I can send pics. hope that helps.
(it has been a long day)

Ben....

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Access to the back of the fuel rail is limited. You can do the same thing at the banjo fitting on the fuel filter. Cutting the line and joining it back together with a T-fitting in my book is the easiest approach. However, I'd still like to see your pics and sources for the banjo bolt.

·
STREET STOMPING JEDI
1,039 Posts
the banjo fitting may not be the easiest to get to, but really all you need is a 17mm open ended wrench. Once tapped however it is very functional adn very safe as there are no rubber connections etc. I will shoot some pics tomorrow, or if you will be in Texas for the meet you can simply check it out then. MY license plate is JEDI'S black Supra, veilside/stillen body kit.

Ben.....

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Won't be at TX, so the pics would be nice. Where did you pick up the 2 level banjo bolt and fittiing (to go to the fuel pressure sensor)? What size is the banjo bold (10, 12, 14 mm)? Can you do the work without pulling anything else out to get access to this area?

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Here's a link that shows the double banjo bolt approach:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/fuelpressend.htm

Will need to get something similar to what is shown for getting from a banjo fitting to a 1/8" PT (or NPT as the case may be). Obiwan if you got a ready source for all these fittings/bolts, etc, would be helpful.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
ttt

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Check this solution out. UPFD Tig welded the supplied 1/8" NPT adapter for the fuel pressure sensor unit onto the stock banjo bolt at the back of the fuel rail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts