Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my return fuel system finished up and am having an issue with setting fuel pressure. I ran a Walbro 525 pump with an 8an feed and 6 an return. FuelLab regulator on the return, with a Radium Engineering gauge. All parts high quality. I can't get the gauge to read past 20psi. The car starts and runs, but the gauge stays at zero key on engine off, but goes to 20 psi running, and doesn't respond to spinning the pressure setting screw in. The car revs up and seems to be ding fine, still shows 20psi. But I don't know what is going on with the fuel system, so way to worried to drive the car.

No fuel leaks, checked all fittings. If it matters I'll name off all components in the system.

Starting with the pump in the modified factory hanger, 8an feed line goes to a Radium in line filter, then to the 8an rail with (currently 550cc injectors), 6an out to the regulator, then 6an back to the hanger.

Id like to know what the gauge should read just keying the car up, then running at idle, then what to set it too.. I should have the vacuum line disconnected to set base pressure correct?

·
From the land down under
4,092 Posts
Is there any possibility that the fuel line running directly off the pump split?

That could theoretically cause the pressure to be low

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to pull the hanger back out and look, I used in tank specific flex hose and not only do you literally have to heat the ends to install over the ports for an extreme tight fit, but I also clamped them. So highly unlikely. But definitely a good suggestion, thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the hanger and everything I did there. I disconnected the line before the regulator and have fuel flow for sure when cranking. Gushing flow. So I have to look into whats happening at the regulator. I'll mess with my routing etc. next. The car sat with an open tank for a long period of time while the engine was out and the hanger out for mods. I suspected bad gas, so drained the 1/4 tank and put in 5 gallons of fresh fuel. This allows the car to start sort of, but still only 20 PSI pressure and no change with adjustments. Doesn't run good enough to drive and my wideband o2 gauge says its way too lean of course. There is one port unused on my regulator that I have capped off, I already have my lines cut and can't try it, so I have an adapter on the way so I can try my return line from this port and cap the one I have it hooked to. Hope that will fix my issue. Will update when the fitting comes and is installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts