Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know where else to post this, hope its ok to ask here. I have a friend working on a 92 Camry V6, its seems to start right up, run fine when its warm, but when its cold he says it acts like its not getting fuel. I mentioned cold start injector, but it starts right up when cold. Any sensors that would cause this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Man Brandon, that blows. So what are you saying now? when he's driving it acts like it doesn't have fuel? or always? because you said it starts fine cold. With the little bit of confusing info you've given I'm thinking maybe just maybe look at the fuel filter if that hasn't been addressed in the past.
~Dan

·
SMFL
223 Posts
Engine coolant temp sensor circuit. You need to have matching signals from the air intake temp sensor and coolant temp circuit. The ECT will pass the IAT a few minutes after warm up.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SupraMkiii24 said:
Man Brandon, that blows. So what are you saying now? when he's driving it acts like it doesn't have fuel? or always? because you said it starts fine cold. With the little bit of confusing info you've given I'm thinking maybe just maybe look at the fuel filter if that hasn't been addressed in the past.
~Dan
He said it starts up fine, but then acts like its not getting fuel until it warms up, then it seems to be ok.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Shred, I'll pass it to him and see what he comes up with.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
no codes? I would check to see if that engine ( i can't remember off the top of my head) has a hot-wire MAF... those get crudded up sometimes and cause mean misfires... (if it does, to inspect it, pull it out, and shine a flashlight down into it.. you should see two thin wires or filaments... if they have Fuzz on them.. spray some carb cleaner in it.. let it dry.. and you're solid )

I would also check the ECT sensor, the ISCV ( idle speed control valve), spark plugs.. pull the front 3 and see whats going on, inspect condition

or pay the 100 bucks or so to take it to a toyota dealership and have them diagnose it... just cause they diag it doesn't mean they have to repair it ;)

hope that helps a little :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts