Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone send me a diagram of how the fuel system is suposed to look on my single car ? the guy who instaled my fuel went with two an-6 lines and came in on each side of the rail .is this right ? the shop that is now working on my car tells me this is wrong, and that the pumps should be attached in tank and draw from one line to a T at the rail and then spilt which way is right or better any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I don't think either of those setups is more right than the other IMO. Ask them why they think your current setup won't work - if they cannot give you a solid answer then I'd say they're simply going with past experience out of habit.

Try this - which of the two setups has fewer fittings? The more fittings you use the more flow you choke off. 90s in particular are bad, Ys might also not be real good but some fuel companies make some good ones - pricey though.

So long as both sides of the rail get fuel it ought to be fine I think. Some have input duel on one end and the middle too but I'm not sure that's as good. However I'm not sure I can exactly say why that might not be good so.....

Heh, any engineers on the board who could figure this out? It's a flow problem :) Only issue I might see with dual lines aside from cost is the wall friction being higher - but enough to make a difference? :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
You need a way to move fuel through the rail (other than going through an injector). The fuel rail can get very hot from its location. If fuel stays in the fuel rail, it can get hot and vaporize (bad).

Either feed one side with the regulator on the other side or feed both sides with the regulator in the center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts