Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Over Medicated
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked to see if anyone has done this on there NA's and have only seen DaveH and Xdreamer, aka Brett. Has anyone else done the dampener bypass on there cars? Did you use the Powerhouse kit or did you fab up your own with a couple -6AN to 12mm fittings and stainless line?
My ultimate question is what bend fittings did you use on the fuel rail since it feeds from the side and not from the end like the TT fuel rail?

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
i did mine when i went na-t. also i fabbed my own using earl fittings and braided s.s. line. on the fuel rail i used a 90 deg. fitting. i will post some pics of it tommorrow if you want. later.

jay

·
1,005 Posts
kdirty130 said:
i did mine when i went na-t. also i fabbed my own using earl fittings and braided s.s. line. on the fuel rail i used a 90 deg. fitting. i will post some pics of it tommorrow if you want. later.

jay
post pics :D also what fittings did you need to fit the fuel rail and the fuel filter

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
will do. i think i also got all the part numbers and fitting sizes u need written down somewhere, so i'll post that also. of course, all the credit goes to DaveH, who gave me all the info. :D

G

·
Brett did this on his NA but really can't give any results like on the dyno but I'm sure it helps with responsiveness.

Ryan

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Here is the "free" fpd bypass. Just take the damper off and drill it out like a banjo bolt, then put it back in. :)

G

·
-6 90 on the rail side, -6 straight on the fuel filter side. was originally from a tt dampner bypass. it fit on the na no problem. :D

i liked daveh's idea but it was easier to just install the dampner bypass and ziptie the dampner hoses away and still on the car. i couldn't get the dampner out.

good luck
MIke

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
The connection the fuel rail i used a 90-degree fitting which works out perfect -the fuel dampener kit for the twin turbo is the same one from our cars, I used the powerhouse fpd kit which runs like 100bucks and fit perfect . hope this helps

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Whats a Fuel Pulsation Dampener? :D I also have the Mr.Henry to thank for my lack of parts going into the fuel rail. :p

·
Over Medicated
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next question:
Who's replaced there stock fuel pressure regulator and what size did you tap the end of the rail to insert a fitting?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You can tap the rail where the oem regulator was, I can't remember the size off the top of my head, but one of the NPT taps fits right in there (no drilling required). Just be careful installing the NPT to AN adapter, as I know of someone who threaded it in too tightly and split their fuel rail. :(

·
Over Medicated
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That wouldn't have been personal experience whould it?;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts