Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Alpha Racing
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of purchasing a new fuel pump. I have heard that the sump is the best way to go but not for daily driving. I'm looking to make at least 700hp. Would running twin pumps on a stock fuel line make a difference? Wouldn't you have to increase the lines?

·
1,522 Posts
I'm thinking about running two stock fuel pumps but I probably won't because I heard that one stock fuel pump drains 20+ amps, so that would be a total drain of 40+ amps. (correct me if i'm wrong) I heard that some walbro pumps only drain 12 amps. This is a big issue for me because my electric fans already push the stock 90 amp alternator to its limits.
Any other thoughs on this issue......or fuel pump recomendations. I am also looking for a 700 rwhp daily driver.

'94 Supra 6spd TS04

R

·
0 Posts
Read this ---> http://www.roadraceengineering.com/fuelpumpflowrates.htm

I'm planning on going with 2 of the Big Wal-Mart pumps and hooking the fuel pump voltage drop box back up to keep from overrunning the regulator during normal driving. I think 2 of those and a single -8 line feeding both ends of the rail shoud get the job done well enough for anything I want to do

Rob_O

C

·
0 Posts
I've got a bosch pump that seems to be working well for me. It draws much less current than the stock pump but maintains higher flow. Talk to Dimitri at directedengineering (www.directedengineering.com) about it. I will be running the single bosch pump with 720 injectors very soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts