Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old School Socal Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my fuel pump stopped priming when the key is in the second position. Not sure what this could be caused by. Car still runs, but the fuel pressure does not come up til the ignition is turned over. Anyone had anything like this happen??

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm having similar problems with my car. I need to leave my key in the second position (right before ignition) for about 10 secs before I try and fully turn her on. Otherwise the car doesn't start. I sometimes even have to "tap the gas pedal" to get her to turn over. Any suggestions?

Is this a fuel pump issue? I have an AEM, HKS DLI and all the other BPU goodies.

·
Old School Socal Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I used to have the AEM and DLI. But now I am back on the stock ECU and I am running two stock pumps. I don't think it's related to the pumps. But I'm really not sure where to look next. I tested both of the EFI relays as well as all of the fuses. I'm planning on switching ECUs to see if that makes a difference. But I believe that your problem can be fixed with the AEM itself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
From my experience the fuel system does not prime until you crank the motor. The AEM will prime the system when you first turn the key to the on position. It will not do it again until you shut the car off and then turn it back on again. I think you are used to having the AEM system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts