Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched around and cant find a guide to removing the fuel pump and bracket from a 93 tt. Anyone know if theres one or can give me a rough guide on how to do it ?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't have a manual, just going off memory...
Remove spare tire, remove the nuts holding the black plate on (about 6-8 of them) There is a black plastic ring that hold the pump in place. With a hammer & chistel tapped on the tabs in an unscrewing motion. I disconnected the wires & bolted on hoses that are on top of the fuel pump. then just pull it out of the tank. I hope i didn't forget any steps...
not a very complex proceedure, just continue disassembly until you have it out. learn how to put it together by taking it apart. GL

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate! i have some photos from a fellow supra owner down here. I can post them up if anyone else would like to use them.

Cheers

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I don't know if you actually took it off already, but if you use a chisel or a screwdriver you're going to damage the little tabs you're pushing. I've done it like that but after 3 times removing my pump I had to get a new ring.

One way to do it is to get some large (and I mean large) pliers, grab it, and have someone turn it for you. The bad thing about this is you need two people.

The best way to do it that I've found, short of getting the SST from Toyota is to use a rubber hammer. I took mine off last week with a rubber hammer just hammering at an angle. It moves it quite a bit and the rubber on the hammer head doesn't damage the plastic or anything else you happen to hit on a rebound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts