Supra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,278 Posts
That looks good to me. Is this for like a GS or IS300 by any chance? I did an IS recently and hanger looked like that. A problem I had was getting the system to pull fuel from the saddle tank. Had to drill out the hole in the factory jet valve.

Edit: judging by your username I’m gonna guess this is for a GS lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes for a GS. I did read people have had to do that. I guess I'm just going to have to leave it alone and see how it works, then drill it out little by little if it isn't siphoning fuel. At the moment I just dont like that the fuel leaving the pump has to travel through a long accordion tube before reaching my 8an bulkhead elbow. Seems like it might be somewhat restrictive or turbulent with each little rib along the tube. But these have been used in fuel systems for a long time huh.. should be fine? Do you think I should drill the siphon jet some right off the bat? Definitely would like to hear your first hand experience.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
That looks good to me. Is this for like a GS or IS300 by any chance? I did an IS recently and hanger looked like that. A problem I had was getting the system to pull fuel from the saddle tank. Had to drill out the hole in the factory jet valve.

Edit: judging by your username I’m gonna guess this is for a GS lol
Was the fuel sock different from the factory one? So, the jet valve pulls the fuel into the saddle?

I didn't even know about the fuel saddle until I saw it in a video yesterday. I hope my tank still has one, lol!

Looking to go from external pump setup that the PO installed to in-tank. My tank doesn't have an aftermarket sump.

Al

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes a little different on the fuel sock, I just used what came in the install kit. And I wasn't aware that a Supra has a saddle tank or not, but yes, the jet valve is what siphons fuel over from the other side of the tank. Once going to a return system you must have the return running to the valve to have the siphon effect. However it can not work properly after making changes. So it has to be drilled out larger in most cases. People have a problem with running out of fuel when the gauge still says 1/4th tank apparently. I am aware of this and know I will have to do some monitoring and modifying most likely.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Mine still has the return going to the return port. They clamped the 6AN braided line with two worm clamps, lol! But it doesn't leak.

I just found that they used the saddle as the sump for the external pump, with a bulkhead going thru it. Not 100% sure that a stock fuel pump & hanger setup will be able to hang low enough in the saddle. It may touch the bulkhead, which I guess will still work? The fuel is pulling from the sock anyway.

They did bend the bottom of the pump hanger a little to get it out of the way of the bulkhead. So, I guess I need a new tank, and hanger for good measure, WTF!

Al

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I have a question: does an aftermarket fuel pump connector plug directly into the factory port or do you have to splice? Reason I'm asking is I don't have that little harness from the stock pump. I don't have the rubber donut that the pump sits on either.

Can I assume my jet valve has been modified since my external pump gets plenty of fuel? Is that saddle/jet valve removable? Can't tell if those are rivets or screws poking thru.

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't know the specifics of the Supra's hanger. But I did find this in my research for those wondering about siphoning. I still plan to drill mine and give it a try, but this is available for those that want a good clean way and some peace of mind.
Venturi Jet Pump Kit

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
That looks like a gas tank that sits under the rear seat. The Supra's tank and jet valve setup looks totally different. Not sure how you remove the plastic saddle/jet valve - no visible fasteners that I saw. Maybe it just snaps in place?

Al

21 - 29 of 29 Posts