Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my 98 TT. (Twin pumps, by pass mod done) Dead battery. Charge up battery. Would not start as there was no fuel pressure. Check: fuse OK, relay OK, Pulled off cover over pump. Check with test light voltage OK . Pulled pumps tested each one both ran OK. Put every thing back together.

This time pumps ran and it started right up. Let run to charge the battery up. Ran 8 min and quit. No fuel pressure again.

Heard a hissing at the pump housing out the electrial plug. It melt a hole all the way throught to the tank. Black and white wire, that is the ground.

Pull pumps out and rewired the pumps. installed new plug. new relay, new battery and one new pump. Then put the by pass to stock.

Car starts and runs. In 3 to 4 min the wires and relay get hot. Got to have a large amp draw some were but were?

Need your HELP!! At this point in time I am lost. Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Fuse amps? What fuel pumps you running? Gauge wiring? You might have a bad pump that causes an increased draw.

Mike

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
i faced the same problem initially... till my mechs changed the wiring, the fuses, relay and etc... but mine wasnt to the extent of burning a hole onto the fuel pump cover bracket... i donno much about the specs of the fuses and relays though :( i'm running twin walbros

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Runing twin Walbros. Factory wire from plug to relay. Stock 30 amp fuse. Rewired all to 10 gauge at pumps.

Ran new ground at the plug to 10mm bolt. Going to try runing one pump at a time.

Thanks for that help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts