Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this material...I know it can be purchased for $45 for enough to cover the pump...but come on I know that shit isnt that expensive. What is it, and where can I get it.
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just forget about that stuff.

I think it is a fairy tale that two pumps close together get in trouble because of some electronic whatsoever ...

Has anyone proven that ?

My Mercedes came with 2 Bosch fuel pumps. Original. Close to each other.

And they work ...

·
Banned
378 Posts
Its a piece of rubber. Cheapest one you can get. Only cover area between the pumps, because pump body uses fuel to cool itself off, if they are completely covered they will overheat and not last as long.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Thats absurd. Do not use the cheapest piece of rubber you can get. IT has to be a material that will not break down in fuel. Just like you wouldnt use a cheap piece of hose for your fuel pump feed either.

There is specific material designed to hold up to various types of fuel and for extended periods. PRice varies by manufacturer.

If you need a section of it just let me know. I keep it on hand all the time.

Thanks

Ben

G

·
Are you sure about this??? Look at the Walbro install kits, they come with a foam wrap that completely wraps the entire body of the pump...

Stringer Bell said:
Its a piece of rubber. Cheapest one you can get. Only cover area between the pumps, because pump body uses fuel to cool itself off, if they are completely covered they will overheat and not last as long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts