Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to run my new turbo (PT6262) and aem v.2 on low boost and run the stock fuel system until i can get a new fuel setup? i cant really see anything wrong with this if i dont push the limits. cuz i wanna have my stuff in for PAC NW but i wont have enough time for the fuel system if i do. What do you guys think? Ive ran over 20psi before on my setup and it doesnt get to lean plus i wouldnt be running 20spi until i get my fuel setup.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
With that new turbo and meth you're going to need 2 fuel pumps or 1 big pump, a new fuel rail, larger injectors, a fuel pressure regulator, and fuel dampener bypass. It's not about psi as it is how much volume the turbo(s) are pushing. That volume determines the amount of fuel you need at a given time. Until you upgrade your fuel system, I would be wary even pushing the turbo more than a couple psi (meaning less than the wastegate pressure).

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
Do you have an AFR gauge? That's the only way to really tell if you're pushing it too hard on your setup. Under boost I've always been told 11.5:1 is a safe AFR and that any leaner is getting dangerous. I don't want to see you fry your motor because you didn't have enough fuel.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
I ran a PT6262A on stock fuel (USDM TT) @ 18psi with zero problems...so running 'on gate' will probably be ok on a 1JZ as long as it only makes about 14-15 psi. It will be lazy though...running on WG spring is never all that exciting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts