Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to run my new turbo (PT6262) and aem v.2 on low boost and run the stock fuel system until i can get a new fuel setup? i cant really see anything wrong with this if i dont push the limits. cuz i wanna have my stuff in for PAC NW Nationals but i wont have enough time for the fuel system if i do. What do you guys think? Ive ran over 20psi before on my setup and it doesnt get to lean plus i wouldnt be running 20spi until i get my fuel setup.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I bet it would be...okay..for very short term and like 8-10psi..but im not 100% sure on that.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
I'd have to see the compressor flow chart to be certain but I think you would be ok at 10-15psi tops. But as I always say, psi means nothing when compairing turbos. The 6262 will flow much more air than the ct-26 at the same psi level. I can explain more if you want but I know of at least 3 or 4 threads where I have tried an no one really got the complete grasp of what I was saying.

In short, stay around 10psi. That way if you spike to ~15 for some reason you'll be safe. You definantly want to upgrade fuel soon.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd have to see the compressor flow chart to be certain but I think you would be ok at 10-15psi tops. But as I always say, psi means nothing when compairing turbos. The 6262 will flow much more air than the ct-26 at the same psi level. I can explain more if you want but I know of at least 3 or 4 threads where I have tried an no one really got the complete grasp of what I was saying.

In short, stay around 10psi. That way if you spike to ~15 for some reason you'll be safe. You definantly want to upgrade fuel soon.
I did!...well sorta..i think i understood the jist of it anyways

·
weaksauce, work on it...
659 Posts
Some baller parts listed, you got a buildthread? Interested in seeing more of this.best of luck.
Ive always heard 500ish was the restriction of the stock lines. You running bigger injectors, or afpr?

·
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet it would be...okay..for very short term and like 8-10psi..but im not 100% sure on that.
it will be short term

its at 6262 with the new .84 twin scroll. i have a 1jz no ct 26 for me. ill be running meth aswell

Some baller parts listed, you got a buildthread? Interested in seeing more of this.best of luck.
Ive always heard 500ish was the restriction of the stock lines. You running bigger injectors, or afpr?
haha yea thanks. there will be a thread soon enough. as far as injectors and fuel i'm thinkin ID750cc and aero external with a sump.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yea im sure you'll be fine for a bit, just keep it under 10psi. The Meth will help a lot. But id just be safe.

·
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea im sure you'll be fine for a bit, just keep it under 10psi. The Meth will help a lot. But id just be safe.
thats what im thinkin. ive got monitors and stuff so i think well be good to go.

·
Supra Tech
1,750 Posts

Definitely set me straight when I was a noob. I like to think of it as volume of air not in PSI but in GPM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.