Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well do the stock na pumps flow? How much HP could dual NA pumps handle?

What about the fuel lines? What would be their limit?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The stock na pump is pretty puny, I wouldn't try to get much HP out of it.... especially when you can get a Walbro for around $100 and never have a fuel worry again. The lines are fine up to around 500hp.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you use a Walbro along with the stock pump for more flow? What would be the limit for the Walbro? Is the pump a lot louder than stock?

Dave, what size lines do you have?

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Really no need. If you think you are going to make significantly more than 600hp, the fuel pump(s) are the least of your worries. At that point, get an external pump.

I think dave is running -6 from the tank. The hardline that is stock is probably a little smaller than -6.

As for noise, when they are in the tank, you don't hear any of it. An external pump on the other hand...

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Slasher, I made my 602rwhp pull with a single Walbro pump... no need to have that stocker in there too. :D Frank is right, I have a single -6an line for fuel feed and I use the stock return line... and you really can't hear the pump much... maybe slightly if you stand outside behind the car at idle.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you still use the FP ECU, or did you hard wire the pump? What would be the max for a single Walbro?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'm running on the stock FP ecu/wiring. I normally run a econd Walbro which I have running on it's own wiring/fuse/relay, but I had a bad relay so I just ran one pump at that dyno session. 500-550rwhp is all I would push with the walbro, allowing some factor of safety. I pushed the shit out of it at the dyno.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are there any larger in-tank pumps for the Supra? Just looking for different options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts