Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am building a show and shine engine to my widebody supra. many engineparts are paintet, have thought about painting the stock fuel rail, but i am afraid it wont hold up. So what possibility do i have when it comes to the stock fuel rail, is it possible to get a fuel rail and other injector or is it possible to find a fuel rail where the stock injectores fits in to? it have to run in the stock ecu. i am not after more power, just not like the stock fuel rail.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can fit SARD injectors into the OEM rail but they are terrible injectors. Go aftermarket rail with some ANSU injectors which are basically a Bosch injector rebranded.

If it's a nice looking fuel rail you want, go with the PHR in black.

Best rule of thumb when choosing your injector is 1cc to 1bhp.

·
Registered
258 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, yes. Sard injectors are also known to leak past their seals, frequently show disparate flow rates and as mentioned above are know to have iffy spray patterns.

·
From the land down under
3,737 Posts
I'm glad mine haven't shown any of those issues in the years they have been in my car.

I didnt think they were all drilled out though, but I'm certainly not claiming that as a fact.

I know that they have 2 different types of injectors with different spray holes, and the one that has 5 or 6 holes definitely wouldnt have an optimal spray pattern, whereas the injectors with just one hole in the centre dont appear to be a poor design. I would like to see them on a test bench to witness the difference in spray patterns though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts