Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few issues with the supra in the recent past and turns out it was an intake manifold gasket so I have ordered the parts ready to replace.

I figured thou while all the intake and injectors and stuff are out I might as well upgrade at the same time.

Currently im running sard 700s with an intake deautsh fuel pump and two external 044s coming from a custom surge tank.

Im looking to go ID1600 fuel injectors as I will be running E85 and looking for 700wrhp

My question is, what fuel rail should I upgrade to?

Im keeping the stock lower runners and intake plenum so I need something that will work around that, and something also that will be top feed. Preferably looking for something that is a straight drop in, but very mild modification I can handle as well.

Anyone got a suggestion based off of experience?

Cheers for the help.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
And the RMR unit will accommodate my needs. I shouldnt need to modify it in any way. Can just drop in with the ID1600s ?
two things, make sure that the rail you get matches the injectors....what i mean is that, the RMR rails have 14mm injector outlets, make sure that you order the 14mm injectors, as ID also sells them in 11mm. lastly, and equally as important, make sure that the length is correct. RMR has aluminum "standoffs" which mount the rail to the lower manifold, meaning that they are not adjustable. the IDs are short bodied injectors, so just ensure that not only have you got the 14mm injectors, but that you dont need top hat adaptors for them so that they are long enough for the mounts. im not sure who you bought your injectors through, but tony at t1 racing will take care of everything you need. just call him, tell him the rail you are going with and he will make sure that you get the parts you need the first time. im sure in queensland, you dont wanna be waiting for adapters or orings!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thank you so much for the help FLINTSTONESKID

I have the 14mm injector version but was concerned as you said about the sizing and whether or not I would need adapters.

i will give T1 racing a shout and find out some more information on the sizing of the rail to see if it will match up with my injectors and hopefully wont need an adapter or modify the rail.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very pleased with my RMR dual -10AN feed rail.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have PTE 1200cc injectors, and I bought the FIC rail.
But they dont fit, the holes in the rail are too small. Can I just drill up the holes in the rail for the injectors? Or is the spacer also wrong for my injectors?

thanks

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
One question on RMR, they offer the dash 8 and 10. 10 being the only black one available which I like and so If I am planning just around ~600-700rwhp will the 10 be too large for my application and must I need the 8?? Or is it alright to have a little overkill on the rail??

·
Registered
449 Posts
One question on RMR, they offer the dash 8 and 10. 10 being the only black one available which I like and so If I am planning just around ~600-700rwhp will the 10 be too large for my application and must I need the 8?? Or is it alright to have a little overkill on the rail??
If you want to get your geek on, consider this:

It depends on what size fittings all of your supporting components mandate. AN fittings/hose operate on a different scale than NPT sizing and it actually gets convoluted when you look into it too closely. For instance, a -8AN should approximate the size of 1/2" NPT (because AN size functions as the numerator above the denominator of 16 in fraction form), but some companies that produce the hose seem to measure ID while others measure OD wall with seemingly no standardization and thus creates an imprecise size. So, generally speaking you want to stay within close range (one deviation) from your size: a 1/2" could work with size -8AN or -10AN because both will be close depending on the variances between name brands... but you wouldn't want to connect a 1/2" to a -4AN or a -12AN for optimal flow. So, look at what size your FPR and filters, etc are going to be. The RMR rail with dual -10AN feed (like mine) has two -10AN feeds and a -6AN return. Mate the rail to your components as congruently as possible. If you find you need the smaller rail then just get it powdercoated.

Here is a truncated response:

I personally love overkill, so I always go big.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.