Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for modest goals of around 550ish

should i use a dual feed rail , single feed rail and if single should it be fed from front or from back

t67dbb or t71 dbb with rc750cc inj and its on 2 pumps one in tank and bosch in line external

i want to make sure when i step in it , no worries and can hold it

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I took a totally different mod path that worked well for me. I run a turbonetics HP76 and supporting mods. I am using the stock rail with Sard 800cc side feed, low impedence injectors. I tapped the stock FRP port to accept a M12x1.50 and ran a -6 return line from there to an Aeromotive A1000 AFPR. I ran a -6 line from the fuel filter to the back of the rail (dampner bypass mod). For a pump, I'm running a single Bosch 044 in-tank that I modified to work on the stock hanger. Everything else is stock, looks stock too except for the aeromotive afpr.

So far, using my HP76 I've hit 632whp on pump gas and 66% duty cycle. Running C16, I can turn up the wick to 26psi before hitting 95% duty cycle.

I'm not saying one way is better than another, I'm just saying that I spent about $900 in parts that work VERY well together and support a good street setup. There's nothing wrong with spending $2000 on a fuel system, I just wanted to offer you an alternative that has worked well for me.

- Chris

·
Registered
219 Posts
I took a totally different mod path that worked well for me. I run a turbonetics HP76 and supporting mods. I am using the stock rail with Sard 800cc side feed, low impedence injectors. I tapped the stock FRP port to accept a M12x1.50 and ran a -6 return line from there to an Aeromotive A1000 AFPR. I ran a -6 line from the fuel filter to the back of the rail (dampner bypass mod). For a pump, I'm running a single Bosch 044 in-tank that I modified to work on the stock hanger. Everything else is stock, looks stock too except for the aeromotive afpr.

So far, using my HP76 I've hit 632whp on pump gas and 66% duty cycle. Running C16, I can turn up the wick to 26psi before hitting 95% duty cycle.

I'm not saying one way is better than another, I'm just saying that I spent about $900 in parts that work VERY well together and support a good street setup. There's nothing wrong with spending $2000 on a fuel system, I just wanted to offer you an alternative that has worked well for me.

- Chris
A bit off topic, but other than the 76mm turbo, what else do you have done? Is this stock block, stock compression, etc? Built head, port work, valves and cams? Do you have a dyno graph? Just curious...

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
A bit off topic, but other than the 76mm turbo, what else do you have done? Is this stock block, stock compression, etc? Built head, port work, valves and cams? Do you have a dyno graph? Just curious...
Stock block, stock compression, stock intake, HKS 272's, suppporting valvetrain, stock head, turbonetics HP76 w/ .96 exhaust, 4" v-band housing, 4" downpipe (not the 3" stepped to 4"), 4" hks ti, ets 4-row and 3" pipes, aem management.

I don't have a graph in front of me, sorry. I make 18psi by 4700 in 4th gear on a highway pull. and I've revved to 8200, still making power.

- Chris

·
Registered
219 Posts
Stock block, stock compression, stock intake, HKS 272's, suppporting valvetrain, stock head, turbonetics HP76 w/ .96 exhaust, 4" v-band housing, 4" downpipe (not the 3" stepped to 4"), 4" hks ti, ets 4-row and 3" pipes, aem management.

I don't have a graph in front of me, sorry. I make 18psi by 4700 in 4th gear on a highway pull. and I've revved to 8200, still making power.

- Chris
Sounds good! I was thinking of going to a PTE billet 76mm, and was trying to see what kind of response I would be looking at. If you can get a graph, I would really appreciate it. It would help in my decision making process about what turbo I wanna upgrade to. Thanks for the reply.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Sounds good! I was thinking of going to a PTE billet 76mm, and was trying to see what kind of response I would be looking at. If you can get a graph, I would really appreciate it. It would help in my decision making process about what turbo I wanna upgrade to. Thanks for the reply.
A PTE Billet 76 will perform similar. That's why I stated that I see 18psi by 4700 in 4th gear. If I'm racing someone. however, I make sure I'm revved at least 5000 rpm's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts