Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a supplier of billet aluminum fuel rails that are high in quality and have beautiful potential once dressed out ie. polished or anodized. Once mounting has been fabricated for our cars I will possibly be selling some if enough people are interested. Mind you this won't be for much profit but rather for a lot of the Do It Yourselfers out there. The fuel rail has 5/8" inner diameter and of course you would have to have the holes machined for the type of injectors you'd plan on using. I have included some pics of the "Raw" fuel rail.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
No offense, dude...

...but those look like any other ordinary fuel rail available from a variety of suppliers. You can get any length you want from Accel/DFI, Cartech, etc. I have done custom rails in the past on my cars, and by the time you are done machining, etc., you would be better off buying a finished setup . I highly recommend the fuel rail kit from Sound Performance. Already comes with dual feeds and a center return fitting. Not flaming, just an FYI. ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are the set-up's from SP? I've seen some HKS rails and of course PHR rails from $350 to $440. I only paid about $24 for a 2 foot length and I have access to a machine shop (but of course I would never use company time for personal projects;) ). I'm a DIY and by far, I think, this is better for me than paying the above prices for something that could be easily manufactured.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds like a good price @ $24 but unless you know a machine shop that knows exactly what you are talking about, they will most likely be clueless as to what the specs would have to be for the fuel rail. Most people will also be clueless as to what specs to actually tell the machine shop to customize the fuel rail to. Just some thoughts. If you made a couple premade to the exact specs to say the greddy injectors and pretapped for the earl fittings etc I think you might be on to something.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
V10EATR,
Good advice and I definetly understand what you're talking about. It would be a good idea to fabricate some finished units but I really wanted to stay away from marketing a line of fuel rails, if you know what I'm trying to say. Of course if I did, I would only let them go for about $80 or something but I wouldn't want to step on the "reputable shops" toes. Again, it would only be for the "DIY'fers Network":D .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts