Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. today I was driving home and i suddenly get this sort of strong smell of fuel inside the cabin, so i pulled over and looked around the bottom of the car and inside the engine bay to see if i had a leak or anything like that. Well i didn't find a leak at all the only leak i found was in front of the tranny which is a big one but it is not tranny fluid. well i looked inside the engine bay and the smell is coming from the exhaust side. When the car is off it is not as strong but you could still smell. so if anybody would be able to help me with this i would really appreciate it. oh the car is an 87 N/A 5-speed. thanx.

D

·
0 Posts
The previous owner of my 87t told me a story similar to yours and it turned out to be the gas cap. Said he spent a lot of money trying to find the problem. No idea really, just relaying what he said. Still doesn't make any sense to me...

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
charchol canister.
check the hoses coming off of the hardlines. if they are ok. also make sure the lower one is going thru the hole in the fender. if that looks ok either replace it or bypass it.

dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts