Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a friend put his MKIV back together after a project. The EVAP system in the car has been taken out, and we were wondering if we can just cap the EVAP nipple at the tank?? I searched and found that EVAP sends the gas fumes to the charcoal canister and is good for emissions yada yada yada... but I couldn't find any info on capping it AT THE TANK. Is it going to mess with the pressure in the tank and lean out the AFR's if we cap it off? or will the breather hose to the gas cap take care of that?

So bottom line: Can the EVAP nipple on the gas tank be plugged or not? If no, then why?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Banned
191 Posts
I don't know too much about it, but I wouldn't cap it. Even those 2 gallon plastic gasoline jugs you buy at the store are vented, so there must be a good reason. Maybe pressure buildup of fumes? I'd just vent the tank with a small hose to either the rear of the car or up to where your gas cap is.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
right now my breather on my titan fuel hanger has the breather open due to me waiting for a fitting..i dont think its safe to cap it off but i do see some people on this forum capping it off..as for me i will run the hose to the gas cap..my whole interior as we speak smell like gas..look up my thread " pics of titan triple hanger" you will see a member showing a pic of the breather capped

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Can you take a picture of where this breather is?

I have terrible fumes in my car and would like to see if mine is just open to the atmosphere

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
make sure its not vented near the EXHAUST

·
Registered
679 Posts
I vented mine but with a little filter on the line to prevent any kind of foreign object from getting in. It's worked well no issues with fuel smell and it's been like that for over a year.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right now my breather on my titan fuel hanger has the breather open due to me waiting for a fitting..i dont think its safe to cap it off but i do see some people on this forum capping it off..as for me i will run the hose to the gas cap..my whole interior as we speak smell like gas..look up my thread " pics of titan triple hanger" you will see a member showing a pic of the breather capped
I wasn't talking about the breather hose that goes to the gas cap. I was talking about the EVAP hose that goes to the charcoal canister.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.