Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
powered by
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be going with a larger turbo setup soon, which will require more fuel than what I could currently supply. My current setup is a mkiv pump, -6 an lines from tank to rail,mkiv 550cc injectors(on my 1jz) I'm going to need more fuel, but not a great deal more. I've been looking into the various extra injector/stand alone additonal injector controllers out there and I'm leaning toward this. One reason is my fcon is already set up for 550cc and side feed high flow are hard to find, don't want to redo rail.....Anyway, my biggest concern about these was the same reason I pull the nos wet kit off, I don't like having to tap into fuel lines, I am paranoid of the possible pressure loss and other problems. Well I've wanted to redo my fuel pump bracket setup anyway, so here is what I'm thinking of doing, any ideas/suggestions welcome
Dual mkiv pumps intank, connected via "Y" fitting inside bracket. Bracket modded to have -8an male fitting on top.
-8 line- from tank to firewall area(filtered somewhere along line)
dist. block,-8 in, two -6 out
one -6 to the rail
other -6 splits into either two -3 or-4 and goes to the additional injectors.
I need to redo my bracket setup now, I don't trust it and figured I might as well do dual pumps while in there, I won't use anything but denso pumps personally so a single high flow is a no go. Sounds like it works fine to me, but it's my idea-of course it would. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Maybe I just didnt' understand what you meant about the NOS kit, but for the wet kit, you won't have to tap any lines if you have an AFPR which it appears you do in your sig picture. I've helped on about 3 different NOS setups on MKIII's and probably 10-15 on MKIV's and we always used the extra port on the AFPR for the fuel. Never have had a problem with using that for the fuel source.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
paranoid about pressure losses and you want to split your fuel line sev times?
if you want to run 2 pumps why not just run a -6 line from each? i suppose you could t them into 1, then 2 off into 2 again. but my rule has always been the least amount of tees and connectors as possible.
ive never been a big fan of addtl injectors. i would just upgrade one size up and adjust bfp. i know plenty of ppl running 550cc inj on 440cc chip so i dont see why running say 680cc inj on a 550cc chip would be a problem. as a matter of fact sean (x-man) has that setup right now. w/o the hood pop'd i'd never know it wasnt stock.
good luck

dave

·