Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently assembling my fuel system on my MKIV. I did the piece-by-piece method due to the relatively high pricing of "kits". Anyway, my questions concern vacuum lines for the FPR. I noticed there is a switch (not sure what it's called) that connects a vacuum line to the stock FPR. Will I be using this to raise fuel pressure or is this all controlled by the new FPR (Aeromotive)? Do I need this switch if I am running AEM?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump??

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
You will need to run a direct and exclusive vaccuam line to the FPR, what switch is this you're talking about? Are you running nitrous?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I know what you are talking about. Everyone removes it. It lets the regulator see atmosphere instead of engine vacuum at start up so the car will start easier. The book calls it a vsv for fuel pressure control. Has a blue circular plastic piece on it if I remember right.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supra400hptt said:
I know what you are talking about. Everyone removes it. It lets the regulator see atmosphere instead of engine vacuum at start up so the car will start easier. The book calls it a vsv for fuel pressure control. Has a blue circular plastic piece on it if I remember right.
That's the one! :cool:

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
supra400hptt said:
Okay, another old thread I am replying too. So I can remove the "vsv for fuel pressure control" and just tap the FPR into the manifold for a vaccum source correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts