Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to set up 2 oem pumps on the stock pump hanger, i need advice as to how I should wire the pumps up. Having 2 separate power lines and 2 separate ground lines seems to be the safest to avoid any sparks or shorts from happening within the tank, but I'm not sure how I should go about doing this. Anybody have a write up for all the relays and wiring needed to do this? like which color wire goes to which on the relay and stuff like that as well as how i should wire the pumps would be very helpful.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you need to run 2 relays. If you do a google search for Bosch relay wiring there will be a few diagram's that will help. Use the existing fuel pump power wire for the 12V relay turn on and run 2 new power wires for the pumps.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
On my setup I run both an OEM and Walbro...I use the stock relay for the OEM and the Bosch for Walbro both triggered by the same connection from the Fuel ECU. It's been over a year so see if you can find that one post I did......

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
I would use the OEM wiring for your primary pump , Get at least a 12 gauge stranded wire fused to a 30 amp in your Fuse box for your secondary. Then run the wire to a single relay ex:Magnafuel MP-1025 that you mount near your pumps. The relay colors vary from relay to relay but most of the time its:

General Relay Wiring colors:

Red:Main disconnect(Fused 30amp 12v)

Blue: Positive wire connected to secondary pump(red)The black wire on the pump is grounded to chassis

Orange:Remote wire(Splice into the positive side of Primary pump OEM wire, This is used to switch the relay on when your Primary pump is turned on by the ecu allowing your secondary pump to turn on aswell.)

Black: Chassis Ground wire for relay

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very helpful thus far!

I'm stuck on how I should wire from the pump hanger to the 2 oem pumps, how should I run 2 power lines and 2 grounds to both pumps?

If I use the stock 2 lines, rewiring the stock ground to be another power, that would take care of the 2 power lines, but what about the 2 grounds???

What other options do I have to power and ground the 2 oem pumps? For some reason, I've found lots of posts about setting up fuel systems but this detail it seems is left out or very vague! Any suggestions on this part of the fuel system install???

·
Registered
872 Posts
grounged it to the pump hanger

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
I grounded the second pump to the chassis. There are some unused bolt holes right under the fuel tank cover you can strip of paint and use. The original pump is on the original ground and original power wires. The only power you route is a new 10gauge from the fuse box to the second pump. You Dont redo the original pump ground and make it a power.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Ground both pumps to the hanger - then make a jumper between the top of the hanger to the chassis. Use the original power and ground leads as power leads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts