Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I posted myself and few others have notice the car doing this.... when just playing with the fuel controller if u add fuel to the car on the upper range it causes the car to white smoke.... just like it does when u have a valve seal going out... it does it at idle or anotherword sitting at the red light.... anyone have a clue it does that.... I mean if u turn the setting back to stock or take fuel out it doesnt do it.... only does it when u add fuel... as if the valve seal were leaking but go away when u turn fuel back down to stock or less then stock..... weird just wondering if anyone else notice that or knows why it does that... thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
White smoke is water vapor, Blue smoke is oil from like a valve seal. Not sure why your getting white smoke.

T

·
0 Posts
hes right..

however.. a friend of mine had a del sol with a turbo kit on it and some other stuff that did that same shit.. weird white smoke at idle.. car didnt run bad or anything.. just looked like a POS cuz it always smoked at idle..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well... Synthetic oil burns white doesnt it?... Im pretty sure it does, but I cannot verify for sure..

I have what I think is a blown #2 again.. and my car smokes REALLY REALLY bad white but now its greyish white with brown when I rev it up.. I think its the Turbo since it started when I wired it in TTC and was not doing it before..

Someone verify if it burns white, Im pretty sure it does to an extent.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what i dont get is why when i take fuel out of the sfc.... the white smoke becomes less at idle or coming to a light... or if i take enough out it dissapears completely.... weird.... any other clue anyone ??? thanks!!!

·
0 Posts
you may think the exhaust fumes coming from the exhaust look white, but in actuality it's got a blueish smoke to it as well. That indicates oil. I had a friend who once thought his smoke was white until he had his mechanic look at it. it's most likely blueish-white.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm dont think its blue.... but the main thing is why does is go away as i take away fuel..... as long as I dont add fuel to it it doesnt do it....

·
0 Posts
trust me...the color is such a light blue u really cant tell. Perhaps your turbo seals are also worn out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok if we leave the color outta the equation.... main question is why does it do it when i give it gas above 4k on my sfc but it doesnt smoke if i put it back to stock or take out gas on it ??? thanks again for everyones help....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts