Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
b/a/a/b/1
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any electronics besides the rebic lc that removes fuelcut/revlimit etc???? or does anyone know of a way to clamp the KV signal to keep fuelcut from happening or to remove or raise the rpm signal beside going standalone??????? the fuel cut is the most important and no I dont wanna use a damned FCD because it changes the actual signal to the ecu doesnt it???(gotta safc for that dont need anymore tuning headaches to add to the mix) Major reason why is when I get the car fixed(ala putting all my goodies into a new body) I am afraid that with the two stage nitrous setup it will spool up to fast (well thats the point) and cause fuelcut which would be BAD while under juice.....

a way to just remove fuelcut would be best as I really dont think just clamping the signal would really do the job....

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
the eman does the same thing as the FCD- allows you to clamp AFM output @ a certain point. this kills FCO, but also effectively limits your fuel and timing....you'd better have some way to control fuel if you're looking to get rid of FCO.

nope, there isn't another way to get rid of the rev limiter other than the rebic.

·
b/a/a/b/1
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does the fcd clamp the signal or just tell the ecu its lower then what it really is on a percentage type of deal???
And yes I can control my fuel completly :) I have a aic3 setup with an additional 440 injector in each intake runner :)hell I could disconnect the stock injectors and still run the car just fine :)

really though after thinking about it I really dunno if even clamping the signal would work as I am more worried about it hitting fuel cut from seeing so much boost at such a low rpm range.... really I am thining the only way to effectivaly do it would be to get a techtom type of setup or maybe that new ecu that trent has been pushing(think that ecu piggyback eliminates fuelcut doesnt it??) either way its more money then what I can prolly spend...(though that ecu piggyback of trents sure sounds nice and perfect for my goals and gets rid of all my piggybacks LOL) so it will prolly be long hours of headaches cutting back the signal through the safc on the high chart to keep it from happening and then adding the fuel back in with the AIC setup... ahh the wonderfull self imposed problems of making more HP.... why cant we ever be satisfied with STOCK :)

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
once again- the FCD, eman, MAP ecu and ANY other piggy back that eliminates FCO CLAMPS the AFM signal @ a set point to prevent FCO from happening.

G

·
heh, im sick of seeing these posts. AEM is NOT an answer to his question, NO SHIT it would remove the rev limit, it removes the whole ECU! removing the rev limit would imply overriding the limit on the ECU, not replacing the whole thing!

anyways, you either can get a rebic LC, or gforce programmed ECU. personally, i dont really recommend COMPLETELY removing the rev limit as its extremely DANGEROUS.........

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Unless your strictly drag racing and launching the car at 7 or 8 grand, I don't see the need to remove the rev limit. I have a friend running 25 lbs of boost and a 100 shot of nitrous and shifts the car a 7 grand with not problem.

Khris

G

·
does anybody know which pin outs the rebic taps/bypasses? I'm just the curious type and wondering what the rebic does exactly to pull of what it does. From the pics of it that I have seen, it a bit more than just a AFM simulator.

Thanks,
Kam

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
that is a VERY good q. i can't figure it out- all it does is TAP the RPM wire (Igt? gotta check...). the only wire it interrupts is the AFM (for FCO)....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts