Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready for my 1J swap and ordering up some stuff I know I will need.

I ordered Safc2, Walbro 255 HP, and some MKIV 550's.
That should be sufficient fuel for a while If im correct.
Now my concern is if I will really NEED an FPR to knock down the pressure from the pump to the 550's. I know AFC's can only go soo far, and the AFPR helps out in that case, But i havent messed with piggybacks in a while and dont remember how far I can go with this.

Anyone runnig something like this on stock FPR?

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i installed mine yesterday,haven't played with it that much yet.so,far i took out 5% of the fuel from 4500rpm up.i installed a afpr when i was doing the swap,i figured i would get it out of the way.the safcII says you can go +50%/-50%.i wish i had a wideband,i would fell a little safer.
keith

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I prob should get it and get it done, but between the clip and all the other shit I bought for it this week , i spent a grip as you can imagine. I guess by the time iI get the clip all ripped apart and ready to go in , ill have an FPR by that time.
I was just wondering if all the pressure from the pump was going to kill me with only the SAFC to lean it out.
I can always wait to put the fuel stuff in too.

Anyone know where I can get the resistor boxes for the MKIV injectors?

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
If you drop in the walbro and the 550's (w/ resistor), your car will run WAY too rich to put the pedal to the metal. I had to go get dyno-tuned with my SAFC to pull back fuel, because the walbro up'ed my pressure by a bit. If you install a regulator, you should be fine. Either way, get it tuned.

-joseph

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it will need to be tuned . hense why I got the SAFC. Thats a given.I was just wondering if the SAFC will be able to lean it out enuff. Or if the FPR will asbolsutely be needed.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
The AFC is good enough. w/o it, the car will run like crap. I couldn't even go 50% throttle w/ the walbro because my fuel pressure went up so much.

-joseph

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok So I wont max the AFC out with the pump?
I have maxed them out before and the AFPR has helped, But i never done it on a Supra before.
Ill prob get one anyway, but was curious. . . . .Oh Im running 550's too, so that will be alot of fuel most likely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts