Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't this what all our dream for our body ;) ?

Currently there are (approx) CF hood and front 1/4 panels (I think).

All we need is to have someone make the front/rear bumper, doors, rear hatch, side step, rear quarter panels and the targa top (if applicable)...

I am hoping someday that this dream will become a reality. Meaning that all these parts will be manufactured by someone, someday. Has anyone done a custom CF bodykit?

Kaz

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
kaz, you won't be able to pass smog in CA.. they weigh your car now too ;-)

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
There are rumors of a guy in Hawaii that had a full JGTC style kit built for his Supra...no idea if they are true.

Steve T.

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
I definately day dream about all carbon.

Now only if it would become a reality. Oh well, stuck with old-fashioned weight savings I guess.

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
the past sema pics there is a full kevlar and carbon abflug s900 supras. i have the pics but too lazy to post.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
There are rumors of a guy in Hawaii that had a full JGTC style kit built for his Supra...no idea if they are true
supposedly that guy went to jail for a long time. gotta wonder how he was funding that thing ;)

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Elvis has a Supra TT with full carbon body...:rolleyes:

Somebody tried to do it not too long ago, Steve, it was your buddy, however, no one would send him a deposit, I was going to be the donar car.... It's one of those things where everyone wants it, but nobody wants to put the work into it.

Joe

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125692&highlight=JGTC+body+kit

This thread went on for a while from a guy who makes custom body kits offering to do one like the JGTC car, he said it would be around 12k and be in fiberglass or carbon fiber for an addition couple thousand. Although there wasnt enough people who were actually willing to put down the cash to get everything started (as usual it seems in this place with anything big)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be Tony Santo's gold supra in New Jersey. His body kit is fiberglass just like mine. I wish ours were carbon fiber.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
SOMG will weight the car???

somg will weight the car? i never heard of it. must be wrong information.

·
Registered
885 Posts
theres a full carbon fiber abflug s900 bodykit that gtp (importfan) sells. they also have full kevlar i think

·
Registered
427 Posts
theres a full carbon fiber abflug s900 bodykit that gtp (importfan) sells. they also have full kevlar i think

You could call it that, but with the kit fitted without doing any body work will completely destroy a supra. The fitment issues of that body kit requires a ton of body work as well as painting 90% of the carbon fiber, defeating the purpose of a full widebody carbon fiber...... yes i have first hand experience.

·
Finally up and running!
4,001 Posts
Isn't this what all our dream for our body ;) ?

Currently there are (approx) CF hood and front 1/4 panels (I think).

All we need is to have someone make the front/rear bumper, doors, rear hatch, side step, rear quarter panels and the targa top (if applicable)...

I am hoping someday that this dream will become a reality. Meaning that all these parts will be manufactured by someone, someday. Has anyone done a custom CF bodykit?

Kaz
S2 makes most of that stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts