Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I'm painting my 97 Supra Yellow very soon and i was wondering what parts will i need to changr or replcae by doing so. Hopefully i dont need to change anything.

Anything else involved with a full paint job?

· Registered
507 Posts
Depending on their condition, you might want to use this opportunity to switch out your weatherstripping and moldings -- a new set can really make the car look new.

IIRC, a full set from Curt at Elmhurst cost me about $1k.

· (Rare & Unique)
5,007 Posts
If your doing it CORRECT things like rear & front glass moldings, weatherstipping rebuilding targa while its apart...etc. Also, When you remove all your interior parts to to get to the rear quarter glass, door handles/mirror, you can work on your music if need be. The shit adds up BUT it will be done correct. Lots of little things will pop up that will not be accounted for

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
depending on how extensive in depth you're planning to take it,you may end up needing a few gromets ,inserts and clips that hold the trim on the bottom of the car,depending on how carefully they are removed,front and rear glass moldings other than that there shouldn't be any reason to replace anything unless something is worn out or faded ,

yep, a set of weatherstripping and moldings will run about $1k

Stefan

· Registered
2,015 Posts
And if you really want to do it right, then you should strip the whole car to just a shell and send it to the body shop like that. That way they can close up any holes in the engine bay that you dont want/need and spray the whole bay along with the door jams and so on...

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your budget?
well around here it will cost me about 3K for the full body paint, without the engine bay though. I still need rims after that, so my budget doesnt look too good right now. I do wanna do it correctly of course, but i dont think i can afford stripping down the whole interior and i really dont want to remove the front and rear glass. Besides budget, parts are very hard to find around here.

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your car will lose value. Supras never came in yellow, keep it that way.
well i dont care about re-sale value coz i will never sell it. But yellow looks good on SUpras in general dont you think?

· (Rare & Unique)
5,007 Posts
I would do it correct the 1st time or wait till the funds are available, just me

· Somebody's Watching Me!
2,743 Posts
I love the color yellow on a supra, and supras did come in yellow just not usdm supras. I would paint mine yellow if there wasn't already a yellow one in my town.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.