Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...

i just built in my new FFIM - custom made... works all fine, except i'm in the D-Gear.
The car is an automatic - should be clear ;)

everything works PERFECT in L and 2 - accelaration is perfect, Boost = 0,85 bar (currently no FCD) ...

if i switch to D - the car is as slow as a VW Golf ... the car switches the gears way to fast ... RPM is NEVER over 3000 ! Boost = 0,5

actually i look at the speedway... 80-110mph is an increase of about 300 RPM ... so must be the last gear....

and second of all: the kickdown doesn't work - absolutely at no time!

damn... what could that be?

thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure? but the whole thing works in L and 2 ... why just in D not? ...
 

·
when this baby hits 88mph
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
what did you do w/ the line pressure control cable?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dbsupra said:
what did you do w/ the line pressure control cable?
which one is it?
you mean the cable intake -> boost sensor? ... is there
 

·
when this baby hits 88mph
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Matce said:
which one is it?
you mean the cable intake -> boost sensor? ... is there
no, the cable with the orange boot that goes to the tranny. it used to be connected to the throttle bracket. it increases the line pressure of the tranny as you increase the throttle. if you dont have this connected it will cause kickdown and shifting issues.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep i connected it ... it is totally pulled when i floor the pedal ...

correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,774 Posts
You need to adjust the throttle cable and make it a little stiffer, so the cable will pull more with pressure and causing it to down shift, as for the cable with the orange boot, mines disconnected and it still kicks down, so i dont think that cable does much but get in ur way :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
MADSUPRA88 said:
You need to adjust the throttle cable and make it a little stiffer, so the cable will pull more with pressure and causing it to down shift, as for the cable with the orange boot, mines disconnected and it still kicks down, so i dont think that cable does much but get in ur way :D
hm .. the cabe is totally stiff ... if i adjust it stiffer the throttle won't open complete ... (cause i connected it with the small "bar" which goes to the throttle)
 

·
when this baby hits 88mph
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Matce said:
hm .. the cabe is totally stiff ... if i adjust it stiffer the throttle won't open complete ... (cause i connected it with the small "bar" which goes to the throttle)
id like to see a pic of your setup if you have it.

sure you can run around w/ it disconnected, but it will not perform like it should.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top