Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Let's Do This
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gathering parts to take my 95NA auto to a full TT 6 speed. I am wanting about 350-400hp but more importantly I want to maintain my cars reliability! I've read the "what mod do you regret" thread but was curious as to what mod you'd suggest? I have the opportunity to upgrade my rods, pistons and so forth, should I do it just to do it or leave them be. I also have a pair of JUN cams laying around, any thoughts on those?

· Banned
3,123 Posts
still dont know why people touch the bottom end on the 2jzgte engines..there good for up to 800 andmaybe more..just proper tuning and youll be fine..my friend is making 849 on a stock motor

· 1995 TT 6spd
381 Posts
if your only looking for that much power you can leave you car bpu. put a downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, and boot controller and you will have yourself a great reliable and fun street car. no need to take it apart when that engine can handle double that as it sits

· Let's Do This
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So leave the bottom end stock and simply bpu the car... what fmic, downpipe, exhaust work well together?... and the JUN cams should work, it's a USDM motor. Might as well throw them on since I have em-

· Very Senior Member
10,533 Posts
I am gathering parts to take my 95NA auto to a full TT 6 speed. I am wanting about 350-400hp but more importantly I want to maintain my cars reliability! I've read the "what mod do you regret" thread but was curious as to what mod you'd suggest? I have the opportunity to upgrade my rods, pistons and so forth, should I do it just to do it or leave them be. I also have a pair of JUN cams laying around, any thoughts on those?
It seems the rest of the posts assume you are replacing the 2jzge with a 2jzgte. True or are you just adding a turbo?
I would regret modding an auto NA to a 6-spd turbo since it makes a whole lot more sense to buy the 6-spd turbo. Are you also swapping the brakes?

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
You will have a blast with just BPU with your car. Seems like you are still undecided with what you want to do, NA-T, sell car, TT swap.. :)

My car is a 100% complete NA to TT swap. if you have any specific questions or want to look at anything in person just let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.