Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got me some new KYB's (it's a NA DD hush) just woundering if any one has some tips for throwing them in i hear it's a bitch >.< and search is still broke :sadance:

shitty cell phone pic ftl/w

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It's not so bad-
If you don't have lowering springs, you'll definately want either spring compressors, OR -
safety wire the springs in the compressed position BEFORE you remove the top nut, that way, they wont be a pain to reinstall.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
how is it hard?

-open TSRM
-read
-pull strut
-use spring compressor to remove spring
-install new strut into compressed spring
-install of strut is reverse of removal
-rinse
-repeat

best thing to do is do one side of the car @ a time....that way if you screw up or don't know where something goes you can look @ the other side....

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks supraguy :)

drjonez said:
how is it hard?

-open TSRM
-read
-pull strut
-use spring compressor to remove spring
-install new strut into compressed spring
-install of strut is reverse of removal
-rinse
-repeat
wtf rinse? i've just heard that from other people :dunno:

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol im dumb but i know that :p

and your forgot

-???
-profit

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
southpark ftw!

steal underpants
?????
profit!

i got your reference too Dr. J

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Doing the suspension on the car is probably one of the easiest things I've done. I had just recently bought the car, didn't know sh1t about cars and easily figured it out. Also I'd recommend picking up a manual spring compressor somewhere for cheap, incase you need it later. Also, makes sure you have the rubber boots, or you might blow em!

·
Professional White Man
2,673 Posts
i had to dremel out a little bit of material from the bottom bolt hole of the rear shock mounts to get my gr-2's to fit... but once i did they slid right in.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
hoser813 said:
i had to dremel out a little bit of material from the bottom bolt hole of the rear shock mounts to get my gr-2's to fit... but once i did they slid right in.
no need to do that- there's a tube shim (i have no idea what the technical term is...) in that connection that gets pushed in when it's tqed. just use a c-clamp to press it back...

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sounds like i need to stop hanging around dumb people :( thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i dunno i was able to do a full shock swap on my car with air tools in about an hour and a half by myself, these were also with lowering springs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts