Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hitting fuel cut intermittently since installing my BCC. Some days I can run WOT and hit 18 psi sustained just fine, other times I get fuel cut. I think I found a pattern in all this: it seemed like I only hit fuel cut at night.

Hmmmm, what would be different at night? Colder air? Headlights? Foglights?

I did an expirement this morning. 40 degree air temp. I did three WOT runs with no fuel cut, then I turned on my headlights and did a run and fuel cut was invoked!

The power source I tapped into was the unused seat heater fuse by the driver's left foot (one of the options in the BCC install instructions). Is the power from this fuse source somehow compromised when my headlights are turned on?

It wouldn't be difficult to wire the BCC directly to the battery and I'm thinking about doing this rather than continue to troubleshoot everything. Does anybody see a problem with doing this?

I'm interested in everyone's comments. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What tranny do you have , auto or manual? Are you sure it's not your tranny jerking you back everytime it shifts?

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
it sure sounds like the headlights are your problem but i dont know why the seat heater power would be turned off when the headlights are on, i say just wire direct to battery so you dont have to worry about anything

S

·
0 Posts
Get a FCD, the BCC was made for the MR2, not the Supra. Even powerhouse racing perfers the FCD over the BCC.

Do you honestly think a company as big as HKS would release a product harmful to the car they made it for?

Should the BCC work, the answer is YES. But, I've heard of this same problem that you are having before with the BCC.

·
Registered
458 Posts
FCDs suck and blow in that order. HKS makes a lot of high quality stuff but about the only thing of theirs I wouldn't use is the FCD...

You just need to make sure you set your BCC as close to 4.3v as possible without hitting it, like 4.29v. they come set for the MR2 around 4.1v usually and you need to make the adjustment for the supra. The slight change in voltage form the headlight draw could be it or it could be you coincidentally drove into some cooler air. Cooler air at nights or in winter tends to give you way better boost.

K

·
0 Posts
Just get a fcd.... then you dont have to worry about what voltage is where.....thats gay... why should you have to worry about stupid shit like that.....i know 10 people who have the fcd and not a 1 has trouble or a volt meter to check voltage.... maybe the guy above has a volt meter in his supra...haha... what a joke...

F

·
0 Posts
I just replaced the craptastic FCD i had in my car after 3 months of trying to tune boost cut out and failing. Took me an hour to pop the BCC in today and now the car works like a charm.

Sounds like your problem is electrical and not related to the BCC, but i would rewire the BCC up to the proper power source as the mkiv.com docs say.

-mike

K

·
0 Posts
I put mine in and never adjusted anything the car boosts to 20psi with no problems...just leave the fcd at 12oclock works fine...

Y

·
0 Posts
BCC

man just go to mkiv.christurner.net and look it up under the tech articles it gives you a complete manual on it and how to wire it properly, and also adjust it........... I have a BCC and it works great never had any problems, had the fcd and the damn thing went out on me........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts