Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like a week ago i was listening to my cd player and then my rear driver side speaker just made like this static sound and has stopped working since... so my ques i guess is, is it a fuse that has just gone bad? if it is then where is the fuse located? or is my speaker just F***ed? by the way its just stock speakers and i cant seem to take of them... like i unscrewed out all the screws and its like stuck on it. is it just glue or something or is it like a plastic thing that prevents me from taking it off???? thanks

chris

·
HKS Twins
432 Posts
Chris,

Sounds like a dead speaker At first i thought maybe you accidently grounded your speaker but since its oem its highly unlikley. Unless you had some new things installed and they might of put a screw through your speaker wire but that is pretty rare. Ok so to solve your problem get a big flat head screw drive and pry the plastic speaker box and then unscrew it. Sometimes the screw digs in to far and the threads dont catch anymore so you gotta force it up alittle by prying the box it self or speaker. Give it a shot let us know how it goes.

Paul

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turtlespd said:
Chris,

Sounds like a dead speaker At first i thought maybe you accidently grounded your speaker but since its oem its highly unlikley. Unless you had some new things installed and they might of put a screw through your speaker wire but that is pretty rare. Ok so to solve your problem get a big flat head screw drive and pry the plastic speaker box and then unscrew it. Sometimes the screw digs in to far and the threads dont catch anymore so you gotta force it up alittle by prying the box it self or speaker. Give it a shot let us know how it goes.

Paul
yo thanks man ill give it a try

1 - 3 of 3 Posts