Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you guys using the fusable link that hooks to the batt.my clip didn't have one and didn't appear to have ever had one.the reason i'm asking is because i have a 30 amp fuse there and it pops when i put on the heat,lights,radio.
thanks keith

·
Registered
416 Posts
If youre talking about the junction in the cable, then there shouldnt be a fuse there. If youre talking about the factory fusable link in the engine bay fuse box, Its 100amps and is screwed into the fuse box. Before you go changing anything, take a pic of what youre referring to so i can be sure though.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the in-line fuseable link that connects to the battery terminal from the white wire that in turn bolts to the 100amp fuse.the 7m had it there already,so i left it

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well seeing as on the 7M, @2000rpms, with the headlights, highbeams, and heater fan on high, the MINIMUM current draw is 30amps (less indicates a bad alternator), and i dont recall having such a fuse anywhere in my engine bay (aside from the stock 100 amp fusable link). As long as the charging system goes through that 100amp fuse, anything else should be redundant.

If someone else knows more feel free to correct me, im no wiring expert.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in my manual it shows the fuseable link(7m manual that is ).its actualy a piece of wire a certain gauge that will blow before the 100amp fuse in the block.i have a brand new 2jz alternator which seems to be charging the battery good.the 1jz clip had the white wire hooked right to the battery terminal.so it was that 10 gauge straight to the 100 amp fuse from the batt.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I believe that fusible link is 100 amp. It is the main feed to the fuse box. 30Amp fuse is way too small and yes I am using it. I moved the entire cable over from the 1JZ because mine had one and was in good shape.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the book says 2.0L or something like that.you think that is like a 100 amp.i tryed to buy one from the toyota dealer and they couldn't find any #'s.the guy found a part # from a mkii thats it.so i've been using an inline fuse instead.the local parts store has some but they say ford ,chrysler and chevy,they don't say how big they are or any info for that mater

1 - 7 of 7 Posts