Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions, lot of peope are converting the stock twins to single, are there any replacements for the stock twins instead of converting to one? second question. what happens if you hit the rev limiter. will it blow? third, does anybody makes wings that dont look really huge and cheesy, supras are great but every wing I have ever seen looks ricey.thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello

A) There is 1 replacement for the stock twins.. its made by HKS but very expensive like $9000 + a expensive fuel system to power you to over 800 hp

B) Nothing will happen if you hit the limiter.. but it is HIGHLY recommend that you get a Greddy BCC (Boost Cut Controller).. it disables the fuel cut at high boost.. you will be safe with one about $100

C) There is a lot of wings out there to choose from.. you might just want to take the wing off if you are not really into them.

·
Banned
97 Posts
A) Even though the Supra isnt being produced anymore, the engine still lives on in the Aristo(GS300) in Japan. They had a article in last months Option Mag on upgrading the stock twins. If i remember right there were about 3-4, I dont read japanese so i couldnt tell you who made them. And also I heard the stock turbo manifold is different on US Spec Supras, so those turbos might not fit.

B) No, the stock engine can handle RPMs upwards of 8grand..but whats the purpose of going that high when the stock twins or engine doesnt produce power in that range.

C)Greddy makes a mid-wing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blitz also makes a twin kit, and there are a couple custom twin setups out there as well. But all of them need new manifolds, as the turbos won't mount up to the stock one. Also, all twin upgrade kits are parallel in operation.

Cory

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would a atock supra perform vs an ls1 trans am on a highway..both being stock.. then what would a bpu do against a viper on a highway?

·
Registered
8 Posts
who really gives a fuck what a stock Supra would do? I think 99 percent of the dawgs here are at least BPU :)

It's said a BPU tuned well would beat a RT/10 and you'd need a tuned BPU+++ to beat a GTS

Cory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts