Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW, I changed the oil in my car a few weeks back and since I have had bad experiences with AutoZone, I decided to give NAPA a try. To my horror, they sold neither WIX nor Mobil1 filters (my preferences). The guy behind the counter says, "Look, you got two choices in our NAPA house filters. The standard one and the quality one. They are both made by WIX."
Not to deviate from my stereotypical views of parts salesmen, I took his advice with a grain of salt, but purchased the "quality" NAPA filter.
Well, slap my ass and call me Sally, he was right on the money! :p

The filter had the same part number stamped on the inner filter frame. At least this was the case for my 626. I searched for WIX/NAPA and came up with only a one number deviation in the part number for the supra. This leads me to believe that the part numbers listed on this site are possibly for the "standard" filter, and the "quality" one may be a solid match.

BTW, I can't remember the price, but I think I saved a little bit of green.

and for those "repost" nazis

:repost: :finger:

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I use the purolator. May be switching to something else.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Why not stick with Toyota filters? They are good.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
meh, when i lived in the D/FW area, the closest thing to my house was an O...O...O'rielly's, so I bought the best they had. The closest toyota dealership was like 30 minutes away. :eek:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do the part numbers on the valvoline filters look compared to the WIX? the napa filter was stamped with the exact same part number.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I used to use Toyota filters exclusively, but tried K&N after having dirty oil after only 1500 miles on stock filters. K&N lasts me 500 more miles on average which actually ends up saving me money (and time). I've heard really good things about Mobil filters, but havent tried them yet. Fram is junk IMHO, so is Napa silver. Napa gold (aka wix) is OK, but I'd still use a toyota filter over it.

Anyhow, just my $0.02

·
I dunno
164 Posts
edmiston9 said:
how do the part numbers on the valvoline filters look compared to the WIX? the napa filter was stamped with the exact same part number.
hmm, never looked, I am the Parts Manager so it free for me:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts