Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..

I have swapped motor mounts in 7M cars many many many times.. Today I tackled putting some solid mounts on my car. Pulling the broken stockers was almost the biggest pain in the ass thing I have done with a Supra.. (and I have done a lot)... Thankfully there was a nice straight shot through my ex manifold to get the right side bold (which was tight as hell), the left side however is a different story! If you ever find yourself fighting this top bolt, heres how I got it.. Lift the motor until the tranny hits the tunnel... Then (if you dont have air tools your FUCKED! lol) using an air ratchet, get on the 17mm bolt. Then string your air hose down through the brake booster lines and connect it to your ratchet. Then if your bolt is as tight as mine was and your air ratchet sucks as hard as mine does, it should take you about 150 hits of the ratchet before it finally turns! lol

just thought I'd share... and IMO if you have stock twins and want to do this, you may be fubar'd.. lol

Going back out to the garage to install the AAP solid mounts..

-Matt

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Well..

I have swapped motor mounts in 7M cars many many many times.. Today I tackled putting some solid mounts on my car. Pulling the broken stockers was almost the biggest pain in the ass thing I have done with a Supra.. (and I have done a lot)... Thankfully there was a nice straight shot through my ex manifold to get the right side bold (which was tight as hell), the left side however is a different story! If you ever find yourself fighting this top bolt, heres how I got it.. Lift the motor until the tranny hits the tunnel... Then (if you dont have air tools your FUCKED! lol) using an air ratchet, get on the 17mm bolt. Then string your air hose down through the brake booster lines and connect it to your ratchet. Then if your bolt is as tight as mine was and your air ratchet sucks as hard as mine does, it should take you about 150 hits of the ratchet before it finally turns! lol

just thought I'd share... and IMO if you have stock twins and want to do this, you may be fubar'd.. lol

Going back out to the garage to install the AAP solid mounts..

-Matt

Amateur... aight peace :chicken:

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i think he's talking about the top bolt,there's a stud on each side.hey matt got a link where you got them
keith

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea.. it was the top bolt that was the pain.. Not impsossible but a pain none the less. The mounts are installed! The install was cake as usual.

http://www.aapmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_28_142&products_id=335

Those are the mounts I used, very bling! AAP did an amazing job hooking me up with those, I ordered them at 2:30pm on Wed. and they were here in WA at 10:00am the next day.. Big thanks to them!

The vibration is ok, but not recommended for a daily driver. :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
same ones that I used but thankfully they went in the same time the engine did. :)

I daily drive mine and do not find any noticable vibrations, and have never had anyone comment on it.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
after driving the solid-mount 1j and a stock mounted 7M... the vibration is quite noticable. engagement of the clutch w/ the solid mounts is very pronouned in the cabin. chattering of the clutch causes the headlights to vibrate as well as the front nose.

if i ever do 89+ mounts again, they will be hybrid mounts... but i doubt ill buy them. im most likely going to make them myself. the jew in me wont let me buy shit that i know i can make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts