Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the techies out there: I have a 1995 Auto Supra and have access to a G-Force ECU that was made for a 1997 Auto Supra. Will the ECU run properly in my car? Will I notice any difference in performance?

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Your car is OBDI while the 1997 car is OBDII emissions compliant. I expect there are some fairly major differences which will prevent you from using it with great success.

Moving to MKIV Tech! :)

Steve T.

HKS T04R said:
Question for the techies out there: I have a 1995 Auto Supra and have access to a G-Force ECU that was made for a 1997 Auto Supra. Will the ECU run properly in my car? Will I notice any difference in performance?

M

·
0 Posts
I would highly- and I stress HIGHLY doubt there is a chance for that working. The sensors, etc. are probably different. I know there are things that the OBDII does differently. You don't want to have any faults in your ECU...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I highly doubt it'll work, but you should call Tadashi (owner of G-Force) at Technosquare (new company name) and maybe he can work something out for you, i.e. trade it in for one that will work for your car, etc. You can reach him at (310) 787-0847. Good luck.

Later

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the number Matt. I talked to one of the tech guys there and was told that with the '97 G Force ECU installed in my '95, my car would probably run rough. He says that if I had a '97 Supra and wanted to use a '95 G Force ECU I would be fine though... RATS! Hell, I'm going to try it anyway. To get my ECU upgraded would cost me $1300. To hell with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts