Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas

Im thinking of buying a 2 door G35 as a DD, so I wanted some input about what people have paid for them and how they drive. I went to edmunds.com and autotrader.com but ive found that the "new car prices" rarely hold true. Also, 1 year used G35s with a decent amount of miles usually have prices around 33-34k (which is expected for a new one)

Also, im curious about simple mods I can do to squeeze out a bit more power. Keep in mind, this will be a DD, so I dont want to hear "just turbo it":D.

Thanks for all the advice!!

·
5,059 Posts
Its a great car, I dynoed my car with some basic mods on it but showed almost no impovement over stock. Turned out to be that the upper plenum was loose due to the spacer I put on. Took that off and sold it already!

They are fun cars (~300hp, rwd, 6spd). For starting mods everyone gets a 350z intake pipe, popcharger and catback exhaust. Test pipes or resonated test pipes yield the most gain of really any mod for the car.

I say pickup a used '03 - '04 Coupe 6MT since the 05's don't come with brembo's anymore.

If you want FWD then get a TL.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave

Good shit, The TL is def a good car as well but Im looking for some 2 door action. I think the 05's come with about 10 more horsepower but take a hit in torque. Yeah and lack of brembos is def a negative. Im just waiting for the 04's to take a bit more of a price hit until I pick one up.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am trying to find a decent used G35 coupe (grey)...even the 2003's that have 30k+ miles are over $30,000.....how come the two cars I love dont depreciate:( (the other is a supra, obviously)

T

·
0 Posts
PaKmaN said:
No that would be your mom. Gettin her brains fucked in the back of your neighbors G35
At least your demeanor doesn't betray your age :lol::lol:

·
Champagne Papi
5,678 Posts
Dave Capone said:
buy my car
I wish.. My parents have 2 rules when it comes to cars...:(

1) Has to be from a dealership
2) Has to be brand new "0 Miles"

turbobubble: Not to burst your bubble but you don't know me so stop acting like you do.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Capone, how much you selling your car for.

Pakman: I have been in your situation, just hang in there bro, soon ull be making your own money and calling all the shots. Its a good feeling.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
PaKmaN said:
I wish.. My parents have 2 rules when it comes to cars...:(

1) Has to be from a dealership
2) Has to be brand new "0 Miles"

turbobubble: Not to burst your bubble but you don't know me so stop acting like you do.
did they say it has to go "OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo" when you accelarate too, because then you hit the nail on the head.

·
5,059 Posts
hahaha one of my friends with an evo jokes around about that all the time!

my car goes wooooOoOOOOOooO and his goes WEeEEEEEEEEEEE

Mr. Wob said:
did they say it has to go "OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo" when you accelarate too, because then you hit the nail on the head.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts