Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst the car is off the road im going to perform a few mods including a bov uprated clutch and a few other bits and bobs..what i wanted to know was what would the benifits of removing the cat ? ... in my estimation its just a huge restriction to the exhaust.but is ther anything else i will need to account for?..im also going to replace the o2 sensor ....i have heard of people relocating them ..also are there any good direct replacement sensors? or will i need to get one from Toyota?

·
Super Moderator
10,138 Posts
Gutting cats (the exhaust kind, not the furry kind) is a good thing for performance. I noticed excellent improvement in the way the car pulled under boost. With the stock exhaust system elsewhere it will help but your best bet is to just get a whole new exhaust without cats if you're looking for a real performance increase. Be sure to know what local emmssions laws are there just in case.

On the O2 sensor, there's a few that work for the MA70 found easily in parts stores stateside but because America never got the GA70 there's less info on things specific to the 1G-GTE, like clutches and such.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts