Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gainesvilleraceway.com/test_track.html

Not exaclty a high-speed course, you probably won't get out of 3rd gear. But look at the prices. They don't allow passing, but it can fit 2-3 cars at a time just fine. So it would be pretty easy for a group of 5 people to get 2 hours of track time each in one half-day (5 hour) rental.

BTW, there is NOTHING to hit.

Is there any interest in renting the track out? We tried before, but with a larger group of people, and the deal fell thru due to lack of funds. I think a smaller group would work out better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Grant -

I'd be up for it - be a good place to test my setup with plenty of run-off room :D I'm pretty busy over the next few months so I'd just have to see what date(s) it was.

Thanks -

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Grant,
That looks like a good facility for track events actually, very modular and at 1.6 miles not so damn scary for running without rollbars or rollcages. I am in Alabama and am tempted but it is about what 7hours for me to get there. Tempting. I have wanted to get a track event with Supras up in Alabama at Talladega Grand Prix Raceway www.tgprace.com but haven't been able to get people interested in spite of the track only being 1 hour from Atlanta. Again that track is like yours, nothing to hit (unlike Road Atlanta). If you do it later in the year I might be tempted.
Good luck.
Barry H. (soon to Victoracer shod)

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Grant, let me know when, I'll come up and drive for a little while. I want to see how bad my single is on a road course. :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Little while = five hour session. Unfortunatly this is the way things work at this roadcourse. But then again, I don't mind at all :).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, we've got some interest. I'll post what dates its available to rent.

Barry, yeah, I saw your posts about that track. Looks nicer than ours, its just such a long way to drive. Maybe a 2-day event would attract more people.

David, I'd love to see your T78 on this course. By the time it spools, I might only be a lap or so ahead :cool:

In reality the T78 should do fine, as long as you don't mind downshifting to 1st gear now and then. I didn't have to because the competition wasn't very stiff.

S

·
0 Posts
Ha ha, i'll have to bring something that can go around the track quicker then. I'm going to try to make it to Intmo this Thursday night. Hopefully!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts