Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havn't found anything on this forum for this. What minimum mods should be made to obtain at least 300 rwhp out of the 7mgte.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
- Head gasket & ARP head bolts
- Intake
- Full 3 inch Exhaust from the turbo back
- Boost controller
- Intercooler & hardpipes
- 550cc injectors & Lexus AFM mod

Your engine needs to be in really good shape before you get started on this.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
A search would do you good;)

Basically, a strong motor with full 3" exhaust, intake, and ~14 psi (you will need a way to raise/elimnate fuel cut) should get you close. An lightweight crank pulley (not reccommended) or electric fans will help get you closer.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Full 3" exhaust from the turbo elbow and back.
Intake..ur choice, most people like K&N
Boost controller...electronic or manual, whatever.
Intercooler hardpipes...preferably 2.5"
Bigger thicker intercooler..like spearco or whatever.
bigger better fuel pump
550c injectors
lexus afm
set boost atl ike 16 psi

and youre a little over 300rwhp untuned.

enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in the process of rebuilding using toyota parts except head gasket and studs. Or do ya'll recommend using different parts.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Depends on your goals, spare cash, and availability.

If you really are going to quit at 300whp, stock parts should suffice quite nicely. If you get the bug and end up with a 500+ whp monster, you'll be bitter that you didn't replace a whole lot more of the internals while you had it apart the first time...

Seriously tho, the headgasket is the only serious deficiency in the 7M. Fix that and you're set.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Sites... that's a tough question. Personally, I almost always pick up my parts locally, but I live in a big city with a lot of import stuff available pretty easily. Perhaps someone else will chime in here.

·
Bert's Ban Club
1,637 Posts
Boostin88T said:
Stand alone computer, MHG/ARP and 3" exhaust.
this is on track, u dont need 550's or a lexus afm.

just intake, exhaust, a piggy back, new hg, and take it to a dyno for some tuning. tuned at 15psi u can get close if not break 300rwhp depending on what condition the motor is in

oh, and with about 300rwhp, you'll prolly make 330+ ft-lbs :)

L

·
0 Posts
im def. with boostin 88T on this one. Joe is da man!

you really should be asking how to get to 400 RWHP cuz 300 is just too damn easy!

of course, you probably shouldn't ask at all, since it has been covered 100,001 times and searching will give all the answers you need. LOL

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Joe at horsepowerfreaks.com is definately the man to ask when your getting stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.