Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wow, thats amazing. I would have to guess they were leaving some type of motorsport event or show.
That carrera GT is the best sounding car I have ever heard in my life. How porsche can make a v10 sound that sweet is unreal. I was riding next to one on the interstate the other day. It sounded like I was in a F1 pace lap. Utterly fantastic.

·
Registered
148 Posts
he was leaving a little car show in the newport, ca area, i was there and i heard him racing but didnt get to watch it till now, that thing is so fast and it sounds even better in person, theres another vid on the forum of the same guy racing a 996 twin turbo.

·
Registered
497 Posts
2JZmadison said:
Yes, and the 996 won :)
I want to see that video...996 tt vs carrera GT !!! Ill even host that one haha
A well-built 996 TT should be able romp a carrera GT, especially from a stop. Carrera GT's dont hook well at all. A buddy of mine is a Porsche dealer and he said he got to deliver one. He said in 3rd gear the car would blow the tires off just getting down on it. They MPH 131 or so in the 1/4, but I typically "only" see low 11's for them. A 600 AWHP 996 should be able to run 10's. From a roll, the GT would do relatively better, but there are a lot of supras on this forum that would romp one still.
Id like to see one on slicks, or drag radials at least though.

·
Lift it!
369 Posts
No the 996 stayed with him.. he didnt actually win because they quit.. the carrera even pulled on him a lil through the first gears

·
Registered
497 Posts
QuickSilverAL said:
No the 996 stayed with him.. he didnt actually win because they quit.. the carrera even pulled on him a lil through the first gears
The 996 wasnt built quite enough LOL (or the driver needs some lessons.) I dont see how a carrera GT could get a built 996 off the line. A stock 996 TT is almost as fast to 60 as the carrera GT.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It was a very even race....the gearing definatly helped the Carrera GT. Let's also remember the 996 was carrying a passenger (the cameraman) and the CGT was not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great vid! That is a rare sighting for sure.

·
Registered
527 Posts
QuickSilverAL said:
it was a 700hp one if im correct.. the video was on here... And it was from a roll i believe.. maybe 20-30mph
You are correct. It has the Evolution Motorsport 650 or 750 package. That car is so amazing but I was surprised that he didn't really win that race.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts