Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to fix all the things wrong with my car and this one is annoying me. The gap is larger on the passenger side but it's still quite sizable all around. Much more so than in photos of other cars I see.
If you look at the pictures, the corners of the hood align with the corners of the fenders. I tried pushing the bumper up but it's snug against the headlights. And the hood is evenly spaced along the sides with both fenders.
Any ideas?

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,331 Posts
Looks like your car may have had front repaired at some point.

I also have a gap, but its even and looks like the gap near your drivers side.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
It is normal to have a gap but it should look like the one on your driver side all around... Seems like the hood/fenders need adjustment to make this even... I had my paint/body guy make sure everything was straight after I had the car back up and running since I waited to install the hood and fenders until engine/trans and engine bay work was completed...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It was repainted but there are no accidents in it's history.

I realize it needs adjusted somehow but I can't figure out how/where. Any suggestions? The hood lines up perfectly with the fenders (as you can see at the corners near the headlight and along the sides) and the bumper is flush along the bottom sides of the headlights.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,331 Posts
From the pic, does passengers headlight has a slight gap on the right? If that is the case, I think aligning that would put your bumper back in place.

The car may have had a minor accident that was not reported, or whomever resprayed the bumper did not align everything.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Your photos are not working for me, but this was brought up on one of the FB pages a while back. Appears to be a somewhat common problem. My car has a slight gap as well if you look at it straight on. It sits higher on one side. (drives me nuts)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the gap were smaller it wouldn't mind as much but that's about 3/4 of an inch

From the pic, does passengers headlight has a slight gap on the right? If that is the case, I think aligning that would put your bumper back in place.

The car may have had a minor accident that was not reported, or whomever resprayed the bumper did not align everything.

I just had both headlights out and the gap was still there so it must be something else.

·
Boost Junkie
12,615 Posts
You need to pull your headlights out and look at the front bumper cover in that area. THere are 2 clips that it hangs on that are attached to the front bumper cover support. Check to see if those are there or if they are obstructing the bumper due to improper installation. If they aren't there then order them and reattach front bumper correctly. You'll want to loosen the 2 nuts on both sides of the car that are near the front turn signals/side markers, as well as remove any trim moldings above the front bumper and near the mouth of the front bumper (top). You can then push the front bumper cover back to where it should be and then reinstall fasteners/tighten it all down while you maintain pressure to ensure it stays in place. If they are there then check to make sure they are installed correctly. Those are probably the cause of your issue as many shops get in a hurry and miss this important step.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts