Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys ive searched for this but there is no subject about it !

Anyway i am about to install NGK Vpower Platinum and Iriduim i know both of them is good but i dont know which's the best !
Anyway my issue is how would i know HOW MUCH gap size I NEED TO do on thoes models ?
How do u guys know the best for stock DENSO IRID is .27 gap ???

Just need the Infos
thanks ..

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got the NGK Iridium 4919s. They are supposedly for an NA, but the only difference between the NGK Iridiums for NA and turbo is the spark plug nut size, and the turbo plugs don't fit in either car...NGK=dumb. The plugs are good though. They are gapped correctly out of the box I believe. Even if they aren't, my car runs perfectly and I did nothing to them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
yea i always wondered what the hell was wrong with NGK! the parts store tried to tell me i dont have a turbo den..i said die!:anger: :anger:

·
Registered
682 Posts
They come pre-gapped. I just checked mine and put them in. Each of them was perfect, but I would always recommend double checking the gap. I like the iridium for my set-up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i really prefer the V POWER PLATS they run hard, but they burn out quick.

they are pre-gapped for you, just drop them in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
for some reason my PLATS burn out quick, im runnin 10 lbs of boost. Dont know how many miles, my speedo doesnt werk, but takin it that i drive my car hard even single time i drive it...that may be the reason.

i dunt kno about the gap...i just use the gap that come in the box. but if memory serves correct..i think .28 is the gap...can anyone verify?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just get the Iridiums I mentioned above, they last a long time at high boost (I'm running 15psi). The gap is correct on them from the box.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I've been told that just trying to measure the gap on the platinums will destroy the platinum coating on them, which is why they come pre-gapped.

Anyone able to give this a yea or nay?

G

·
wrong. platinum and iridium are some of the hardest metals on the earth...little chance you can scratch the coating off. HOWEVER...it is a BRITTLE material, so if you gap them, then move them again...they might break right off.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
why waste the money, copper plugs own...

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
lancefloyd said:
wrong. platinum and iridium are some of the hardest metals on the earth...little chance you can scratch the coating off. HOWEVER...it is a BRITTLE material, so if you gap them, then move them again...they might break right off.
That is what i thought about these metals....I believe mine said to have the Gap set at 42....I am guessing but there was a # 2 at the end.
if I find the specs, ill let you know Bahraini

1 - 15 of 15 Posts