Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys would this be any good for the supra?

thinking of converting my na. also whats it worth, the guy wants $300 cdn for it.

thanks

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
t25s come with a bunch of turbo kits for honda 4 bangers so on a supra it should spool like a madman.

I think it will run out of breath quickly though... someone find a compressor map.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty new to turbo applications, so i would appreciate any input.

it came from a 98 talon tsi awd.

A

·
0 Posts
As has been said, it's a poor choice for a Supra - It will spool very quick, but done with and overboosting (read: self-destructing) by 4,000-4,500 RPM on our comparitively big 3.0L I6 engines. The CT-26 stock turbo is better.

Either buy it and sell it to some Talon guys for a profit, or keep walking. Search around, the T3/T4 series and TO4E are decent mild-to-moderate turbo upgrades, some not even requiring any manifold adjustment!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so either stay with a stock ct26 or go bigger.

whats the next step up from a ct26, and cost ,plus would this be overkill for 350 rwhp

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
NFSupraowner said:
guys would this be any good for the supra?

thinking of converting my na. also whats it worth, the guy wants $300 cdn for it.

thanks
My #1 Rule:
Only buy used if you plan to renovate it before installation.

I've heard too many "bought a bad turbo" stories, mine included.
Oh yeah, that particular turbo's too small, & would be more expensive to implement in the long run. A stock CT-26 @ ~12psi was a wonderful time for me, long ago. Enough power to have fun, but not enough to seriously break shi+, like now.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts