Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I am getting a new Turbo for my single T set up on my NA-t. What do you think of the Garrett TO4E??
Specs:
HP - Good to 580
Compressor:
Disp. 2.2-3.5L
Whl Dia - 3"
Trim - 60
AR - .60
Turbine:
Whl Dia - 2.55
Trim - 76
AR - .68

I dont know if its a 270 or 360 degree thrust bearing (whats the difference anyways?)
Well let me know what you think of that Turbo and if you think it would be a good choice for a Street setup. Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my question I guess I really meant to ask was for $900 or less what turbo should I get that will plug into my t4 flange? Will I be happy with the TO4E or is there a better turbo to get for the money?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'd go with a PT-61 with a .58 A/R exhaust side.

basically a standard bearing GT35R with a T4 footprint.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd go with a PT-61 with a .58 A/R exhaust side.

basically a standard bearing GT35R with a T4 footprint.
Why should I go with the PT-61 over ther other??

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
There are plenty of places that can sell you a nearly identical turbo, but it seems precision are the crowd that actually make most of the cores/rotating assemblys from garrett parts. A Boostlogic / SoundPerformance / PHR 61mm will be the same turbo but with their own name cast into the compressor housing etc. Just compare prices and make sure you get the right size turbine housing (.54 or .68 or whatever

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are plenty of places that can sell you a nearly identical turbo, but it seems precision are the crowd that actually make most of the cores/rotating assemblys from garrett parts. A Boostlogic / SoundPerformance / PHR 61mm will be the same turbo but with their own name cast into the compressor housing etc. Just compare prices and make sure you get the right size turbine housing (.54 or .68 or whatever
In this case what should be the right housing size? Because its looking like I can get a New Garrett T61 for $725... Not a good way to go over the T04E?

Heres its specs = T61
HP Levels 575hp
Compressor :
.50a/r compressor housing
Wheel Dia 61mm
Whl Induct. size 61.3
Whl exude size 82
Whl Trim 56

TURBINE :
.AR? 70a/r divided 3" vband

·
Super Moderator
10,381 Posts
I too would highly recommend some flavor of modern 61mm or 63mm turbo over an oldschool T04E.
Other options are the Turbotnetics 62-1 and 60-1 which would work particularly well on an NA-T application IMHO.

But for future reference, a 360* thrust bearing is superior to the 270* bearing because the 360* bearing fully supports the cartridge evenly.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally made a choice... Going with the PT-61 and also ordered a Boost Logic 2.5 mm Head Gasket :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts