Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM guessing its the sending unit, but si there a way to be sure, or any way to like test the system piece by piece?

Not knowing how much gas is in my car really sucks..

THANKS

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the same problem. You probably know this already, but there is a small (5" by 5") metal plate in your trunk. Unscrew the screws holding it down and you can access the thingies that make the gas gauge work. I think there are two of them - one has a floaty thing on the end (level of gas) and the other senses when gas is low and turns on the light. Maybe I'm wrong about the second one. But anyway, you can pull out the unit with the floaty thing. Try holding it up and get someone to see if your gas gauge rises. If so then the floaty thing has lost it's float.

Does anyone know how to replace the floaty thing? I looked at mine but couldn't find a way to remove it without destrying it. And does anyone know where to get a new floaty thing?

For that matter, does anyone know the actual name of "the floaty thing"?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
purple_car said:
Does anyone know how to replace the floaty thing? I looked at mine but couldn't find a way to remove it without destrying it. And does anyone know where to get a new floaty thing?

For that matter, does anyone know the actual name of "the floaty thing"?
:lol::lol::lol:

i was wondering how many times you were gonna say "floaty thing" before actually asking if anyone knew what it was called lol.... and for the record...i dont know.. floaty thing sounds good to me :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ok, I followed the instructions, but I could not get the control arm to bend the way i wanted, so I could not get it to make contact along the entire length. It just would not bend properly, it would either be touching at one end and not the other or vice versa.

Any tips on how to bend the control arm of the gas gauge so that it makes contact all along it's length?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts