Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the sensor that reads your gas level in the tank go out?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never done fuel upgrades, what happened was I had a wreck, the rar left QP was barely damaged, my suspension was screwed,it messed up my upper and lower control arms, the brake rotor, and the drive shaft, I was thinking the impact from the hit messed up the sensor in the tank. I was wondering if it can be replaced or What do I do?

·
Registered
989 Posts
In the fuel tank there is a floater, It may have come loose or stuck from the impact. It is no that complicated to take out the fuel pump where you find the floater attached. You can find some instruction & pic for this task at www.mkiv.com under tech.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help man, I was loking at Mkiv today and I didn't see anything about gas tanks maybe I didnt look hard enough??? I have another question can a rear sub-frame that is mybe bent an 1/2 inch-1 off be fixed?? My buddies body shop thinks so but I havn't taken it in yet. I stll do't even know if that is what the problem is from the wreck, my wheel after replacing all the parts that have to do with the suspenson is still alittle of so I was told from an alignment shop that I need to get the frame checked.
thanks,
Jordan

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have a Friend that had the same problem with his car. There are two things that you'll have to do once you replace all the parts that seem bent or broken. 1. Take the car to get alined(Believe me, the wheel could look real bent even after changing everything)2. Take the car to a body shop that you trust and have them check the frame alinement. My budies car was 1" off frame alinement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts