Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gas gauge has no power the needle jsut sits at the bottom, i checked all the fuses and power lines, all the harnesses, and nothing, i need soem ideas on what it could be, or does this happen to alot of supras?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
a bump to the thread.

I am having the same problem. I went to check the sender in the tank. I forgot where it has to go.

Does the floater have to go into the smaller tank or the bigger tank wihin the fuel tank?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Same problem here

I put the two pumps in and then it never was the same. It used to always read 1/2 tank and I messed with it again. I filled my tank up and now it reads about 3/4 but is all over the place with the level now. Any help would be appreciated.

Staats

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Grumpy said:
a bump to the thread.

I am having the same problem. I went to check the sender in the tank. I forgot where it has to go.

Does the floater have to go into the smaller tank or the bigger tank wihin the fuel tank?
It goes outside of the sub tank. You have to drop the assembly in so the float does not rub the sub tank through its full range of motion. I've noticed when tightening the retaining ring, the assembly tends to what to rotate which could cause the float to hit the sub tank and cause bad readings. You have to keep the assembly in the proper position when tightening the ring.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It was fine for 3 years, but 2 months ago I opened the tank to look at the pumps and the bracket for wear signs, but after that it would read a steady 1/4 tank plus the orange warning light.

I readjusted the floater, and filled it up with 1/4 tank of fuel. Now it reads below Empty. My guesss is that it's not working at all now.

I tested the floater circuitry, and the ohm readings are all over the place.
So Jstaats has a solution which is to replace the orange floater circuitry box.( don't know the specifix name). It will give you false fuel level readings as a result.

As for me the gauge worked fine before opening the tank, I'll double check if the floater really works by moving the floater with the ignition on. Otherwise I have to buy a new one.

400hp: I take your suggestion also. Normally I line up the dot on the fuel pump bracket to the arrows.

I have to get a new fuel pump bracket ring also, it got ruined today.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had to get a new fuel sending unit.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Its fixed

Mine is fixed and working great. Its funny but with trying to fit in the two pumps it knocked off the unit completely and it was laying in my fuel tank. I wonder now how people get 3 pumps in their car.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Jstaats said:
Mine is fixed and working great. Its funny but with trying to fit in the two pumps it knocked off the unit completely and it was laying in my fuel tank. I wonder now how people get 3 pumps in their car.

had the same exact problem, gauge didn't work, popped open the tank and found the sending unit sitting in the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts